Assess Your Advisors
Do your consultants have succession plans?
In the December 2019 issue of Top Producer, Sara Schafer asks you to think about your key advisors and the invaluable institutional knowledge they have about your family’s succession planning journey.
What happens if they are suddenly out of the picture?
We need to remember that succession planning is not a do-it-yourself task. A professional and collaborative team of advisors can keep you on track.
Johnne Syverson, Strategic Advisor to Transition Point Business Advisors, say, “A full team of advisers working together will come up with a much better strategy than any one adviser alone could.”
To Evaluate Your Professional Advisory Team you need to ask these questions:
- How old is your primary provider?
- Is there someone with bench strength in the business who is knowledgeable about your farm?
- Does your primary provider involve backup team members when engaging with you?
- Do your advisers play well with other advisers serving your needs? Do they network with others?
- Is your adviser growing and developing skill sets to keep up with the complex issues you face?